What makes selfies so important that top celebrities started to follow the trend? Who wouldn’t like selfies? Selfies are like a mini photo shoots with you are practically the object, photographer, lighting director, makeup artist and stylist! Whether you’re posting selfies to show off your amazing makeup or your outfit of the day, here are some tips that are sure to have your Instagram followers double tapping and your Facebook friends pressing the like button.
- Set the angles. It may take time and some experimenting at first to find your best angles, but it will be worth it! Try different poses and movements to see which ones flatter both your face and body.
- Pose naturally. This goes hand in hand with angles. It’s best to pick a natural pose that doesn’t look too forced or awkward. Play around with head tilts, smiles, and facial expressions until you find the selfie that you like the best.
- Adjust the Light. Lighting is one of the most essential factors when trying to take a flawless selfie. Make sure the lighting doesn’t cast shadows and try to avoid fluorescent lighting, as this type of lighting is universally unflattering and can make the skin look pale and lifeless. The best type of lighting to use is natural light.
- Be careful when choosing filters. Filters are both amazing and a curse as they can completely change the way a selfie looks. Choose a filter that’s more on the conservative side that adds a flawless look to the selfie, instead of an extreme filter that edits the selfie so much that you don’t even look like yourself anymore.
- Write your caption creatively. You can write a caption that describes your makeup, what you’re doing that day, where you’re about to go, details on your outfit – pretty much anything goes! Selfie’s with a caption or description are just that much better than selfies without, and are more likely to gain likes from your followers. Double points if your caption is clever and funny!